Relocation With A Utah Child Custody Order

After a Utah divorce court or parentage court finalizes a child custody case, life goes on, and one of the parents may need to move. Utah child custody law provides specific procedures of what must happen before the parent moves more than 150 miles away from the other parent. The law requires the moving parent to provide the other parent with 60-days written notice of the move. The other parent then has the option to seek to modify the divorce court or parentage court’s child custody order by filing a motion or petition with the court that finalized child custody.

If a motion or petition is filed, the court will need to determine whether it is in the involved children’s best interests to relocate with the moving parent or to stay with the parent who is not moving. The court will also decide how much parent time the noncustodial parent should have with the children and who will pay for the necessary travel. The court will usually follow a Utah statute that outlines how much parent time the noncustodial parent should have after relocation.

Sound Representation When A Child Custody Order Must Be Modified Because of Relocation

Our lawyers have experience modifying child custody orders when one parent moves more than 150 miles from the other. They understand the procedures and the process necessary to ensure that their client’s rights are protected and that a child custody modification order after relocation is in the involved children’s best interests.

If you need to move, or the other parent of your children is moving, you can rely on our child custody attorneys.

Contact Us

Give us a call to schedule a free consultation about the effect of relocation on child custody with our attorneys as soon as possible. Or, if you prefer, complete the online form. We serve clients in South Jordan and throughout the Salt Lake City area.

Contact Us

If you are seeking knowledgeable guidance in Utah, we are here to protect your rights and interests.

Call our office at 801-285-6302or 866-287-5853 to arrange a free initial consultation.
Or, if you prefer, complete the online form.

South Jordan Office
10459 South 1300 West, Suite 101
South Jordan, UT 84095

The use of the Internet or this form for communication with the firm or any individual member of the firm does not establish an attorney-client relationship. Confidential or time-sensitive information should not be sent through this form.

I have read the disclaimer.

PHONE: 801-285-6302

TOLL FREE: 866-287-5853